Tuesday, August 05, 2008

INNER FOCUS- OUTER GLOW Pencil Portraits by a Group three local Artists







The Art Depository presents the pencil work of three local artists, Dana Wolford, Suzanne Erny, and Jennifer Mercer from June 26 through August 2, 2008, with an artist’s reception, open to the public, on July 11 from 4 – 8 pm.

Dana Wolford, a self-taught artist with a passion for faces and color, uses colored pencils and watercolors to capture fleetingness of time and our short sojourn here.

Suzanne Erny has an art degree, but spent her early years raising her family and working in creative endeavors such as clothing design. Her portraits are of Native Americans in traditional dress sprinkled with a few cowboys.

Jennifer Mercer, Suzanne’s daughter, has benefit of her mother’s artistic genes. Mercer’s work is comprised of very tight graphite portraits that are often mistaken for photographs.

1 comment:

wanbli said...

Hello, I live in France. I am looking for a friend Mrs. ERNY Suzanne, she had a Native American art store, I don't know if she still has it. I bought her some shirts that she made, Ribbon shirts, one blue and one red. I had sent him a Sioux beaded knife case. I have an address 105 Sena way in Richmond. I am looking to contact her for other orders. I don't know if Suzanne Erny from your Depositary Art is the same person I know. she can contact me at this email wanbligleska13509@orange.fr thank you for your help.